AND WE’RE BACK! This week’s post comes from the lovely Jill at Home Sweet Hopkins. When she’s not working on her house, reading to meet her goal of 111 books in 2011 or loving on some Boston Terriers, she is taking us on all sorts of fun food adventures.
I presented the challenge of a No-Bake pie to blog about since summer has hit. Heat and humidity do not a happy baker make. Jill stepped right up to the challenge and I found myself drooling at the site of the photos.
Happy 4th of July!
Well, hello there, For Your Pies Only readers. I’m Jill and I have a confession to make. This simple, simple pie recipe was a huge challenge for me. When I bake, I do like to make everything from scratch. The problem is, I hate baking anything that requires the use of my rolling pin. The dough always comes out either too dry or too wet to roll out properly. I hate making pie crust because it always falls apart on me. My go-to when making a fruit dessert is to make a crumble or buckle, not a pie.
This time, I decided I was up for the challenge. After many tries, I made a pie crust that turned out great. You would think that the filling would be the easy part after that, right? Nope. The pie filling is so very easy and yet the first time I made it, I failed. Whomp whomp. I ended up with blueberry soup in a pie crust. Sounds…delicious? I tweaked the recipe a little bit, made sure i used fresh blueberries instead of frozen and I ended up with this perfect 4th of July treat. Take a tip from me:
Blueberry No-Bake Pie
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 prepared pie crust (you can buy it, we won’t tell)
Homemade Whipped Cream Ingredients (optional, but really…who’d go without it?)
- 8oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
1. Pick through the blueberries to remove all stems.
2. In a pot over medium heat, add water and 1 cup of blueberries. Mix together and let sit until simmering.
3. Add sugar and cornstarch to the mixture, bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of blueberries.
5. Add the mixture to the prepared pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.
6. Place a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Add cold whipping cream and sugar to the bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium high until still peaks form. Watch the mixture during this process to make sure you stop once you reach stiff peaks stage, otherwise the cream will turn gloppy (technical term).
7. Top the chilled pie with whipped cream and decorate with berries for a pretty red, white and blue 4th of July treat.
- paperbaghero likes this
- pyonception likes this
- taylormade86 reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- taylormade86 likes this
- seoul-klassic likes this
- tenzie18 reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- kendiyot likes this
- sayhallo2heaven likes this
- nichios likes this
- carpedieeeemm likes this
- verdigris-rainbow likes this
- iluvcopshowsandglee16 likes this
- alexsaling reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- hlaa2013 likes this
- geehae likes this
- duncansfoodblog reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- zadlachaha reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- colormeweird reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- arelonotypef likes this
- razmalda likes this
- afoodjourney reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- bball-star24 reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- sueswarovski reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- heykid likes this
- shabbyella reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- laneurotica reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- newdaynewchapter likes this
- melpls likes this
- canihaveseconds reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- fearlessforeveralways reblogged this from cirat
- minamiz reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- onychia reblogged this from foryourpiesonly and added:
- femaletutor likes this
- cirat reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- c0lumnist likes this
- sourydiesel likes this
- lovelytongue likes this
- katherinekatiekate likes this
- rocketshiplove likes this
- dharrysthebigman reblogged this from foryourpiesonly
- nashi55 likes this
- bitch-is-here likes this
- gia-scientistintraining likes this
- foryourpiesonly posted this